Lights Out, Sea Turtles Dig The Dark
- If your building is visible from the beach, turn off your outside lights at 10 p.m. from 1 May – 31 October.
- If any of your interior lights are visible from the beach or cast light on the beach, close blinds or drapes at 10 p.m. or turn them off.
Leave Only Your Footprints On The Beach
- Never leave beach umbrellas, chairs, or any other beach accessories on the beach overnight.
- If you are digging holes in the beach or building sand castles, please return the sand to its undisturbed state before leaving the beach.
- Place all trash and recyclables in the appropriate receptacles.
- Never disturb a sea turtle nest, a nesting sea turtle or a hatchling.
To report light violation contact Town of HHI Code Enforcement Officers Weekdays: Wendy Conant at 843-341-4643
To report dead, injured or harassed turtles contact the SC Department of Natural Resources hotline at 1-800-922-5431, day or night and weekends.