While you are here, have fun and be considerate of the natural and serene atmosphere of Sea Pines that helps make it the perfect place to visit. We respectfully request that all residents and guests observe the following regulations to ensure a more pleasant stay.
Please note Sea Pines CSA does not manage any rentals in Sea Pines. If you renting a home inside of Sea Pines and have an issue or concern within your rental unit, you will need to contact your rental company.
Community Rules, Regulation and Policy Documents:
- Sea Pines CSA Land Use Policies and Procedures
- Sea Pines CSA Safety and Security Rules and Regulations
- Sea Pines Gate Entry Policy
- Sea Pines CSA Short Term Rentals and Guest Parking Policy
Sea Pines Community Reminders:
Welcome Guide & Reminders (print and display in rental units)
- Laundry items, such as towels, bathing suits, clothing, may not be hung on railings/balconies or any other location where visible from adjoining properties, a golf course, the beach or the street.
- Please store bicycles neatly, as far from the road as possible, and in a location that does not block walkways or create a safety hazard.
- Bright exterior lighting may not be left on for extended periods, and/or after 10 pm. In no case shall they shine into a neighbor’s residence or property.
- For Oceanside properties: take care that lights do NOT shine onto the beach during loggerhead turtle nesting season (May-October) to protect young hatchlings who are drawn to the light.
- Trash cans and recycling bins should be kept in designated service yards where they will be picked up by the refuse service on the designated day. Please keep garbage in trash cans to discourage animals from spreading trash.
- Short-term renters & their guests must park vehicles in the garage, carport or on the driveway of the rental property, as parking is not permitted on any landscaped surfaces including the front, back or side yards.
- Short-term renters, renting in Sea Pines are not permitted to bring in motor homes, travel trailers/ RVs, boats, personal watercraft, or jet-ski and ski-doos.
- At no time may any type of motorcycle, dune buggy, electric cart, golf cart, low-speed vehicle, moped or motor assisted bicycle or conveyances of any type be operated on any road or access way within the confines of Sea Pines. Add in info regarding exception of ADA vehicles that are permitted.
- Pets must be leashed at all times when outdoors, except as permitted ON the beach during certain times of year (click here for details). We also ask that you please clean up after your pets and dispose of waste properly.
- For your safety please do not feed any wildlife, especially alligators. These are wild and dangerous animals and extreme caution should be taken when near them.
- Please be a courteous neighbor and be mindful of noise levels of people and pets. Town of Hilton Head noise ordinance: reduced level 10 PM – 7 AM daily.
- Guest passes must be displayed prominently in your vehicle while in Sea Pines and are needed to re-enter the community.
- Texting while driving is not allowed in Sea Pines.
Leisure Trail Safety: Rules of the Road:
The leisure trails in Sea Pines are shared by joggers, bikers, and walkers. To ensure that everyone safely enjoys our trails, here are a few helpful tips.
- Stay in single file on the right side of the trail.
- Use of roadway, where leisure trail exists, is prohibited.
- Be aware of vehicles. They are not required to stop while you are waiting to cross a roadway.
- Pedestrians have the right of way on trails. When passing, announce “Passing on left”.
- Everyone, especially children, should wear a helmet when biking.
- Obey all state and local traffic laws, including the use of hand signals and observance of traffic signs.
- Guests who leave Sea Pines must obtain a passcode at the gate exits to gain re-admittance to Sea Pines.
- No bike riding on golf cart paths.
- No motorized vehicles on trails (this includes electric and pedal-assist bikes and scooters).
- Maintain a safe speed.
- Lights and reflectors are required when biking at night. Bright clothing is recommended.
- Vehicles should never stop and wave on anyone waiting to cross the roadway. This will, and does, cause accidents in Sea Pines.
- Use of leisure trails in Sea Pines is limited to residents and guests.
- Lock bikes when not in use.
In Case of Emergency: For a fire or medical emergency dial 911. For all other emergencies call Sea Pines Security at 843-671-7170
We have chosen to make the beautiful community of Sea Pines our place to live, work, or visit. With this beautiful environment comes an extensive variety of landscape and wildlife, and with that landscape and wildlife comes the responsibility to always be aware of our surroundings.
- A Digital Guide to Wildlife in the Sea Pines Community
- Wildlife Safety in Sea Pines
- A Digital Guide to Living with Alligators
Important Safety Tips Regarding Alligators in Sea Pines
- Assume every body of water contains an alligator
- Stay at least 60 feet (4 car lengths) away from alligators
- Alligators are ambush predators and can move faster than you or your pets
- Keep pets and children away from water’s edge
- Swimming or wading is prohibited in Sea Pines’ waterways
- Feeding or harassing alligators is dangerous and illegal
- Use caution when fishing or crabbing. Do not throw used bait or fish parts into the water
Immediately call Sea Pines Security at 843.671.7170 to report any aggressive alligator behavior or concerns.