Sea Pines Community Reminders:
- Daytime parking on roads cannot impede emergency vehicles, driveways, or leisure trail access. No parking is allowed on primary streets, while overnight parking and beach parking is prohibited on all roads. Please park on your driveway.
- Commercially marked vehicles may not remain in Sea Pines overnight.
- Motorcycles/motorized scooters/ electric bikes are not permitted inside of the Sea Pines Community.
- Pets must be leashed at all times when outdoors, except as permitted ON the beach during certain times of year (visit HiltonHeadIslandSC.gov for details). We also ask that you please clean up after your pets and dispose of waste properly.
- Please be courteous and mindful of the noise levels of all people and pets.
- Guest passes must be displayed prominently in your vehicle while in Sea Pines and are needed to reenter the community.
- Texting while driving is not allowed in Sea Pines.
- Daily/ Weekly Visitors or Short-term renters, visiting Sea Pines are not permitted to bring in motor homes, travel trailers/ RVs, boats, personal watercraft, or jet-ski and ski-doos.
Click here to view a Digital Guide to Living with Alligators
Click here to view a Digital Guide to Living with Alligators in Spanish
Important Safety Tips Regarding Alligators in Sea Pines:
- Assume every body of water contains an alligator
- Stay at least 60 feet (4 car lengths) away from alligators
- Alligators are ambush predators and can move faster than you or your pets
- Keep pets and children away from water’s edge
- Swimming or wading is prohibited in Sea Pines’ waterways
- Feeding or harassing alligators is dangerous and illegal
- When fishing or crabbing do not throw used bait or fish parts into the water
Immediately call Sea Pines Security at 843.671.7170 to report any aggressive alligator behavior or concerns.
- Stay in single file on the right side of the trail.
- Use of roadway, where leisure trail exists, is prohibited.
- Be aware of vehicles. They are not required to stop while you are waiting to cross a roadway.
- Pedestrians have the right of way on trails. When passing, announce “Passing on left”.
- Everyone, especially children, should wear a helmet when biking.
- Obey all state and local traffic laws, including the use of hand signals and observance of traffic signs.
- Guests who leave Sea Pines must obtain a passcode at the gate exits to gain re-admittance to Sea Pines.
- No bike riding on golf cart paths.
- No motorized vehicles on trails (this includes electric and pedal-assist bikes and scooters).
- Maintain a safe speed.
- Lights and reflectors are required when biking at night. Bright clothing is recommended.
- Vehicles should never stop and wave on anyone waiting to cross the roadway. This will, and does, cause accidents in Sea Pines.
- Use of leisure trails in Sea Pines is limited to residents and guests.
- Lock bikes when not in use.
In Case of Emergency: For a fire or medical emergency dial 911. For all other emergencies call Sea Pines Security at 843-671-7170