SIPSD Water Pipeline Upgrade Project; Paving Rescheduled week of 2/13 on Plantation Dr
South Island Public Service District Potable Drinking Water Pipeline Upgrade Project
SIPSD, the utility company providing water and wastewater services in Sea Pines, has begun their major infrastructure upgrade and replacement project to their potable water drinking line from Dunnagans Alley to Baynard Park Road, inside of Sea Pines.
SIPSD has provided the following project update:
- Boring and trenching are in progress in proximity to Lawton Canal. A new pipeline will be installed from the Heritage Farms area through the SPCSA Admin Building parking lot along the easement near Lake Forest in order to connect to services located at Lot 4 (Governors Road and Greenwood Drive). Expected completion time frame is 5 weeks.
- Plantation Drive, from Baynard Park Road to Lighthouse Road, Repaving Schedule:
- Asphalt milling operations were completed week of 2/9.
- SIPSD will return for roadway paving and temporary line striping next week, weather permitting.
- Single-lane traffic closures are planned. Traffic delays are expected.
- Please use caution while driving in this area and observe and obey all traffic management personnel, signage, detours, and devices.
Sea Pines CSA will make leisure trail improvements on Plantation Drive from Baynard Park Road to Lighthouse Road later this fall. Click here to learn more about the project.