August 6, 2019
Dear Sea Pines Property Owners,
I hope you are all having a great summer. I wanted to be the first to let you all know that I will be leaving Sea Pines CSA to focus on family enterprises and personal goals. It has been my pleasure and honor to serve the Sea Pines Community for the last five years. We have accomplished a lot during this time but we have much to look forward to. The CSA staff are busy fulfilling their 2019 departmental objectives and they are working on our 2020 and beyond plans. I want to provide an update on this year’s projects we are working on for you.
In early September, the Plantation Drive leisure path will be repaved, please be aware of this project as you make your biking and strolling plans. Additionally, Lighthouse Road will be repaved from Plantation Drive to Habourtown. We anticipate one-way alternating traffic during this project, so please plan accordingly. We will communicate more project details and information on these projects with you soon.
Staff is making progress with the onboarding of two new IT systems. As a reminder, in 2015, the CSA Board of Directors adopted a Strategic Plan. One of the objectives of this plan included the improvement of our information technology. A task force, comprised of volunteer property owners along with staff and an IT consultant, performed a detailed examination of CSAs information technology inventory, processes, and procedures. A recommendation was made that CSA move forward with the implementation of enterprise resource planning (“ERP”) and customer relationship management (“CRM”) software. ERP is business process management software that allows an organization to use a system of integrated applications to manage the business and automate many back-office functions related to technology, services and human resources. CRM is the combination of practices, strategies and technologies that companies use to manage and analyze customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle, with the goal of improving customer service relationships. NetSuite was the recommended software solution, in conjunction with ABDI for Safety and Security. The following describes some of the efficiencies experienced/to be experienced with this ongoing process.
Financial Management Software (NetSuite)
- ONE SYSTEM OF RECORD – Encompasses CSA and its related entities, eliminating duplicate entries
- Role based controls
- Significant improvement of internal self-service
- Documentation is embedded in the system rather than physical filing cabinets
- Improved flexibility in financial reporting
- Streamlined transaction/expenditure approval process
- Memorized journal entries
Property Management Database (NetSuite)
- ONE SYSTEM OF RECORD
- Cloud based
- Property, Property Title and Property Owner Contact Information is all interactive
- Absence of duplication
- Higher degree of accuracy
- Higher level of internal self-service
- Interactive Help Desk for Information Technology work orders
- Ease of access to historical data
Safety and Security Software (ABDI/CMS)
- ONE SYSTEM OF RECORD – Integrate with NetSuite, with NetSuite being the host of data
- Improved accuracy and efficiency of patrol stops/
- Improved accuracy and efficiency of dispatch and call tracking
- Property owner ease of use
- Improved reporting
- Expanded for information available to officers
- Potential interoperability with other local communities
These systems will not only improve your experience as an owner, but they will also allow our staff to be more efficient. Staff will keep you updated on our progress with these systems as we move forward.
I want to close by saying that I know Sea Pines is in great hands with our Board and Staff. I will miss the daily interaction with you and our staff, as well as the beauty and dynamic nature of Sea Pines. I can honestly say there is never a dull day in Sea Pines. I will be around for a while continuing our plans and assisting the Board in their search for a replacement, so you are not rid of me yet! I hope to see you soon at a community meeting or event, until then enjoy what is left of summer!