The Sea Pines Security Department offers a free nuisance animal removal service to Sea Pines Property Owners. We employ a full-time Wildlife Officer to assist our Property Owners with these matters.
To report a nuisance animal and request removal assistance, contact the Sea Pines Security Department Dispatch Phone Line at 843.671.7170. Please note that the officers will not remove any animal that you have trapped yourself.
A Digital Guide to Wildlife in the Sea Pines Community
- Click here to view in a booklet format. Be sure to click on the FULLSCREEN option in the center of the cover for easy reading.
- Click here for a printable pdf version.
Click here to view a Digital Guide to Living with Alligators
Important Safety Tips Regarding Alligators in Sea Pines:
- Assume every body of water contains an alligator
- Stay at least 60 feet (4 car lengths) away from alligators
- Alligators are ambush predators and can move faster than you or your pets
- Keep pets and children away from water’s edge
- Swimming or wading is prohibited in Sea Pines’ waterways
- Feeding or harassing alligators is dangerous and illegal
- When fishing or crabbing do not throw used bait or fish parts into the water
Signs of Aggressive Alligator Behavior or Situations You Should Report to Sea Pines Security:
- Closely approaches humans or pets
- Consistently follows fishermen or pursues hooked fish
- Displays aggression towards humans or pets, including changes in body posture, hissing or slapping tail on water
- You observe an alligator away from water/in an unusual place (e.g. yards, driveways)
- You observe people feeding or harassing alligators
- You observe people approaching alligators too closely (within 60 feet or 4 car lengths)
Immediately call Sea Pines Security at 843.671.7170 to report any aggressive alligator behavior or concerns.