Major stormwater drain pipe excavation and replacements are in progress in the areas along and across the roadway of North Sea Pines Drive between Red Cardinal Road to Spotted Sandpiper Road and the adjacent leisure trail.
HEAVY TRAFFIC EXPECTED/ UTILIZE GREENWOOD DRIVE GATE:
- Heavy traffic delays should be expected on North Sea Pines Drive as crews will utilize single-lane closures along this roadway to accommodate the work in and along the roadway.
- Owners, guests, and visitors are asked to plan accordingly and avoid the project area when possible by using the main gate located on Greenwood Drive. Pedestrians and cyclists are asked to seek alternate routes that avoid the project area. Please observe and obey all traffic management personnel, signage, and devices.
TEMPORARY FULL LANE CLOSURES IN PROJECT ZONE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 1st:
- Short timed/temporary road closures in both directions along North Sea Pines Drive between Red Cardinal Road to Spotted Sandpiper Road will continue through next week as the main stormwater drainage pipes that cross this major roadway are removed and replaced.
ADDITIONAL PROJECT REMINDERS:
- The leisure trail along North Sea Pines Drive from The Sea Pines Beach Club to Lawton Drive is closed to bike and pedestrian traffic. Please refer to the Leisure Trail detour map here for more information.
- Additional erosion control & tree protection will be installed next week from Spotted Sandpiper to Ocean Gate.
- The Beachwalks located at #39 & #40 are not currently accessible from North Sea Pines Drive due to this project.