Greenwood Drive Road Reconstruction Project Update
Phase 1: Greenwood Drive from Club Course Drive to Governors Road
The stretch of Greenwood Drive from Club Course Drive to Governors Road is open to vehicles, yet remains an active work zone. Construction and additional improvement activities will continue in this area.
- Additional roadway construction: We have identified some areas of imperfection within the roadway that need to be corrected. Our contractor has been scheduled to begin working in these areas with road milling to begin on Monday, January 7th, and road paving on Tuesday, January 8th. The utility entrance of Lot 1 will be paved. There will be alternating lane closures. Flagmen will be present to direct traffic. Please expect traffic delays and an uneven road surface.
- Permanent line striping has been tentatively scheduled to begin the week of January 14th, weather permitting.
- Landscaping Improvements along Greenwood Drive have begun. Irrigation is currently being installed, sod, new plant material and mulch will follow. We do not expect any delays or lane closures. This work will take approximately 8 weeks to complete, weather permitting.
- Raised roadway reflector installation (following permanent line striping)
- Stamping of the crosswalk connecting the leisure trail from Lot 3 to the Forest Preserve parking lot is to be scheduled.
Greenwood Drive & Sea Pines Drive Intersection
- Asphalt repairs to the roadway at the Greenwood Drive and Sea Pines Drive intersection are scheduled to begin the week of January 14th, weather permitting. The work will take approximately one day to complete with no road closures. Please expect minor traffic delays. Flagmen will be present to direct traffic.
Additional Asphalt Work
- Asphalt Repairs will be made to the following roads during the next couple of weeks: Pine Island Road, Sea Pines Drive, and Governors Road. Please expect minor traffic delays. Flagmen will be present.
Christmas Tree Pickup
- Property owners may drop off Christmas trees at CSA Debris Sites. Please be sure to remove all decorations. Please do not drop off any potted plants.
For questions regarding this project, please contact the Sea Pines CSA Maintenance Department by calling 843.671.7849 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.