Thursday March 31, 2022, 9:00 AM:
TIMING & LOCATION:
- Mainly between 10 am – 5 pm west of I 95.
- Between 1 pm – 8 pm east of I 95.
HAZARDS & IMPACTS:
- Severe Thunderstorms:
- Isolated damaging wind gusts in excess of 60 mph.
- A brief, isolated tornado cannot be ruled out, mainly across southeast Georgia.
- Non Thunderstorm Winds:
- Outside of showers/thunderstorms, gusts of 35 to 45 mph are expected. The strongest gusts will occur along the South Carolina coastal areas and especially across elevated bridges.
- Gale force winds are expected across most of Georgia and South Carolina.
- A Gale Warning is in effect for offshore Georgia waters and South Carolina waters, including the Charleston Harbor through late afternoon.
- A High Rip Current risk and High Surf Advisory is in effect for most coastal locations until this evening.
Watches and Warnings could be needed this afternoon, remain weather aware. For updates please visit weather.gov/chs.