Located on Plantation Drive, Baynard Ruins Park is on the right just after passing Baynard Cove Road and Marsh Drive.
The site of the Baynard Cove ruins is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is the only tabby ruins of a main plantation house on Hilton Head Island.
The tabby ruins of the historic Baynard estate, which include the main house as well as slave quarters, have been preserved at Sea Pines. Originally built by Captain Jack Stoney in the 1790s, the Baynard house was once a grand antebellum plantation house overlooking the Calibogue Sound. Baynard, a successful Sea Island Cotton plantation owner, raised four children at the mansion with his wife, Catherine. When the Union forces invaded Hilton Head Island in 1861, the Baynards evacuated the property. The residence was raided and served as Union headquarters during the Civil War before being burned.