- Construction of Boardwalk #25 was delayed and restarted on Monday, September 23rd.
- Work will be completed next week, weather permitting.
- Property owners should use Boardwalks #24 and #26 during construction on #25.
- Construction of Boardwalk #26 will follow, weather permitting.
- Work will last approximately two weeks.
Widening of the North Sea Pines Drive Leisure Trail
- The North Sea Pines Drive Leisure Trail widening project is underway and expected to be completed next week, weather permitting.
- Signs are posted for bikers to dismount and walk their bikes through the Marriott Monarch Parking Lot when the trail is not passable.
- Click here to view the detour map below.
Ruddy Turnstone Road Work Project
- The Town of Hilton Head Island crews continue their work to make drainage repairs and improvements along Ruddy Turnstone Road.
- Work is expected to be finished in two weeks, weather permitting.
Plantation Drive Leisure Trail Project
- The resurfacing of Plantation Drive Leisure Trail from Greenwood Drive to Lighthouse Road will begin week of October 7th
- Work will include milling and resurfacing the Leisure Trail along the project area.
- The project is expected to take 1 – 2 weeks to complete, weather permitting
- There will be “walk your bike” signs asking you to dismount and walk in the areas that are currently under active construction.
Lighthouse Road Resurfacing and Infrastructure Repair Project
- Infrastructure repair and road resurfacing of Lighthouse Road from Plantation Drive to Harbour Town will begin week of October 14th.
- The project includes drainage work, curb repairs, realigning crosswalks and road resurfacing.
- During this project traffic will alternate lanes with flag persons, as the drainage work will take place in the roadway.
- The project is expected to take 12 weeks, weather permitting.