Current watches and warnings for Beaufort County:
- Tropical Storm Warning
- Storm Surge Watch
- Tornado Watch
- High Surf Advisory
Nicole continues to weaken as it moves across Florida, and is expected to weaken to a Tropical Depression late tonight/early Friday.
- Coastal Flooding: Threat for Major coastal flooding will be decreasing this afternoon. Minor coastal flooding possible with high tides this evening and Friday morning
- Isolated Tornadoes: Possible later today into Friday, especially by this evening
- Other Coastal Hazards : Beach erosion, rough surf and dangerous rip currents
- Marine: Dangerous winds/seas over coastal waters
- Winds: Tropical storm force gusts up to 40 50 mph possible through tonight, especially along the immediate coast, and anywhere within rain bands. Gusty winds 20 30 mph Friday, highest near the coast, as Nicole weakens to a tropical depression inland
- Rainfall:1 to 3 inches with locally higher amounts up to 4-5 inches, most falling this afternoon and tonight. Risk for heaviest rainfall expected near the coast.
Please keep a close eye on the weather, as conditions can change quickly. For the latest forecast please visit https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/