Numerous to widespread showers and thunderstorms are expected across southeastern South Carolina and southeastern Georgia over the next few days. Some of the rainfall will be heavy at times which could lead to localized flooding. In addition, elevated tides cycles are expected through the weekend. If rainfall coincides with high tide, conditions could be exacerbated.
- Heavy Rainfall: This afternoon through Saturday
- Coastal Flooding: Evening high tides through the weekend
Hazards & Impacts
- Heavy Rainfall totals of 2 to 5 inches, with isolated higher amounts, are expected through Saturday. Locally heavy rainfall could lead to localized flooding of low lying and poor drainage areas and result in rapid water level rises on small creeks and streams.
- Coastal Flooding : Minor to moderate coastal flooding is likely along the Charleston and Colleton County coasts with the evening high tides. Minor flooding is possible further south along the southern South Carolina and Georgia coasts. Flooding could be exacerbated if rainfall coincides with high tide.
- Rip Currents : Enhanced risk of rip currents at area beaches through this weekend.