Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 8:00 AM:
Ahead of an approaching cold front, showers and thunderstorms will overspread the region from west to east Wednesday afternoon. Conditions could support a few severe thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening hours. Brief episodes of heavy rain will also be possible. The Storm Prediction Center indicated that there is a Slight Risk for severe thunderstorms today.
TIMING & LOCATION:
- East of Interstate 95, including coastal communities, severe thunderstorms could occur between 4 pm and 9 pm EDT.
HAZARDS & IMPACTS:
- The most likely threat from any severe thunderstorms will be damaging wind gusts exceeding 60 mph.
- Large hail and isolated, brief tornadoes cannot be ruled out.
- Brief periods of very heavy rainfall rates could produce localized, short short-lived street flooding. However, widespread excessive rainfall is not expected.
- A Moderate Risk of Rip Currents is in effect for all beaches Wednesday.
Watches and Warnings could be needed this afternoon, remain weather aware. For updates please visit weather.gov/chs.