Sea Pines Forest Preserve
Saturday, April 1st from 4:30-7:30 PM at Fish Island in the Sea Pines Forest Preserve.
Featuring Lowcountry Cuisine courtesy of The Salty Dog Cafe, live music and fun for the entire family!
H20 Sports will be offering complimentary boat rides between 4:00 – 6:00 PM.
Food, friends and the great outdoors…there’s nothing better!
Click here to purchase tickets.
Covering more than 600 acres, The Sea Pines Forest Preserve is our natural treasure and is the largest tract of undeveloped land on Hilton Head Island.
Click here for a map of the Forest Preserve.
Hiking, fishing, picnicking and wildlife viewing opportunities are just a few of the popular activities that can be found in the Sea Pines Forest Preserve.
Dogs are allowed in the Sea Pines Forest Preserve but must be restrained by a leash at all times. Pet waste must be picked up and properly disposed of in trash receptacles.
Trail maps are available at the entrance to the Forest Preserve (located on Greenwood Drive in Sea Pines, 1 mile from the front gate on the left.)
Points of Interest
The Warner W. Plahs Wildflower Field is a must-see in spring. Also be sure to visit the 4,000-year-old Indian Shell Ring, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and enjoy a scenic ride down the rice dike. Bicycles are not permitted on the walking trails, so please park your bicycles at the locations provided.
Fish Island, located in the Sea Pines Forest Preserve off of Fish Island Trail, sits between the Warner W. Plahs Wildflower Field and Lake Joe. This location boasts a covered pavilion, picnic tables, grills as well as running water and port-a-john restrooms.
Rent Fish Island Pavilion
If you are interested in renting the Fish Island pavilion for your next event or function please call 843.671.3299. Rentals are based on a first-come, first-served basis. See below for the fee schedule:
- $50 For Sea Pines Property Owners
- $100 For Non Sea Pines Property Owners
Horse Back Trail rides can be booked by contacting Lawton Stables at 843.671.2586.
Wildlife Boat tours can be booked through H2O Sports at 843.671.4386.
Fishing and Wagon Tours can be booked through The Sea Pines Resort at 843.842.1979.
Rules and Regulations
- The Forest Preserve is open sunrise to sunset.
- No smoking or open fires are permitted.
- The stocked fishing lakes in the Forest Preserve are reserved for Sea Pines property owners, their guests and resort guests. Fishing permits are required and can be obtained for a fee at the Sea Pines CSA Admin Office located at 175 Greenwood Drive. Minnow bait is not allowed. Visit SeaPinesLiving.com/fishing for more detail.
- Bicycles are not permitted on the walking trails. Please park your bicycles at the locations provided.
- The picnic area on Fish Island is equipped with a shelter, picnic tables, grills, drinking water and portable toilets.
- Swimming is not permitted in the Forest Preserve.
Important Safety Tips Regarding Alligators in Sea Pines
- Assume every body of water contains an alligator
- Stay at least 60 feet (4 car lengths) away from alligators
- Alligators are ambush predators and can move faster than you or your pets
- Keep pets and children away from water’s edge
- Swimming or wading is prohibited in Sea Pines’ waterways
- Feeding or harassing alligators is dangerous and illegal
- Use caution when fishing or crabbing. Do not throw used bait or fish parts into the water
Click here to view a Digital Guide to Living with Alligators
Immediately call Sea Pines Security at 843.671.7170 to report any aggressive alligator behavior or concerns.
Sea Pines Forest Preserve Foundation
The Sea Pines Forest Preserve Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the major responsibility of ownership, maintenance, and enhancement of the Wildlife Habitat Zone.
Make a Donation to the Sea Pines Forest Preserve Foundation
Your support allows us to fulfill our mission and ensures this valuable and unique Sea Pines asset is given the care it deserves. Contributions are tax-deductible and can be made below or mailed to:
Sea Pines Forest Preserve Foundation
175 Greenwood Drive
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Property owners may store a non-powered boat for use in the lakes of the Forest Preserve. Registration decals are required and may be obtained at Sea Pines CSA Administration Building located at 175 Greenwood Drive Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 Monday-Friday from 7:30 am-4:30 pm. For additional information call 843.671.1343.