Candidate Name: Stu Rodman
Running For: CSA Board
Candidate Category: Candidate by Petition
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (843) 422-1276
- 30 year property owner / resident for 20 / consulted for Charles Fraser
- Nina, wife of 51 years / St. Luke’s Church’s Minister of Music / directed the Hilton Head International Piano Competition (10 yrs) bringing it to excellence
- Cornell Engineering / Harvard MBA / Eagle Scout / US Army Officer
- Senior Executive positions with United Technologies & Ford
- Private Investment Firm Founder / CEO of several small companies
- Chaired 1 National and 3 State Christian Ministries (60 years total)
- Beaufort Cty Council (11 yrs) & School Board (2 yrs) / Finance Chair (10 yrs)
Initiated Actions impacting Sea Pines
- HH Airport Expansion (completion early ’18) to accommodate commercial jet service and large private aircraft
- County bridge loan the year the Heritage lacked a sponsor
- Circle to Circle Task Force addressing Circle capacity
- Current SCDOT effort to reduce 278 congestion
- HHI Bridges replacement & gateway enhancement Finance Plan
Why I Wish to Serve Sea Pines:
Nina and I truly love Sea Pines - it’s unique! I have a demonstrated record of public service wherever we’ve lived. Serving in CSA leadership provides another opportunity to give back to Sea Pines. We bought our property 30 years ago and built our home ten years later.
My financial background will prove beneficial in funding critical, deferred maintenance and investing in capital projects needed to remain world class.
The respect I have earned at the Town and County levels will serve Sea Pines well in the emerging Island debate: curtailing growth to preserve our quality of life?
I will focus on enhancing property values. They are the best overall indicator of how we are doing: we are lagging our competitors in recovering from the economic downturn!
I will be an independent voice and useful mediator in resolving differences as ASPPPO and the Resort re-craft the Referendum.
Questions From The Community:
In preparation for the upcoming Board of Director elections for CSA and ASPPPO, the Nominating Committees of each of these Boards asked Sea Pines Property Owners for candidate questions in advance.
61 questions were submitted to the Nominating Committees of CSA and ASPPPO to be asked of the board candidates. Questions were grouped into six categories, Personal, General, Finance/ Revenue, Gate, Governance and Referendum. Please note that only the questions from the community are included to be asked of the candidates. Opinions, statements, dissertations or preambles or other comments included by a property owner were removed so that the candidate could address the question. Some statements had to be modified to appear in the form of a question.
Each candidate received the same list of questions and was able to provide their summary related to each of the six categories.
Click here to view Stu Rodman's responses to the questions from the community.
Click here to review all candidate information.