Greenwood Drive Reconstruction Project Update
November 21, 2018
Work Continues In Phase One Greenwood Drive Reconstruction Project Area
The Phase One Project area of Greenwood Drive from Club Course Drive to Governors Road remains an active work zone. Please be reminded that the speed limit on Greenwood Drive is 35 MPH.
As noted in our communication on Nov. 3 (view here) construction activities will continue on or near Greenwood Drive and some leisure trails within the phase one project zone into early 2019, weather permitting.
The reconstructed portion of Greenwood Drive (Club Course Drive to Governors Road) was engineered and designed to South Carolina Department of Transportation standards based on the level of service for a 35 MPH roadway.
At this time, the roadway has been not been accepted as a completed project and remaining work to occur on or near the roadway/ leisure trails includes:
- Additional construction work
- Road and Leisure trail paving
- Permanent line striping
- Raised roadway reflector installation
- Stamping crosswalk connecting the leisure trail from Lot 3 to the Forest Preserve parking lot
- Sign installation
- Roadside soil grading
- Turf and Irrigation installation
- Mulch and pine-straw application
- Site clean up
- Seeding of the trolley lots
Sea Pines property owners, guest and visitors may experience temporary flagging operations, traffic cones and delineators placed along the roadway, crews and equipment working along the roadway and temporary lane closures during these remaining construction activities.
We are in constant communication with our Engineer and our contractor regarding the project, quality control and the outstanding punch list of items to be completed, including the correction of some areas of imperfections in the new roadway surface. Full acceptance of this roadway will not occur until these punch list items are addressed and the Engineers certification is received, which will then initiate the warranty period.
Phase One Project Area Status Updates:
- Roadside soil grading is in process in this area
- Mulching is underway in this area
- The permanent line striping of this area has been rescheduled, a new date has not been determined. We will communicate the new date once it is set.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to work to complete these important infrastructure repairs and replacements. If you have questions regarding this project, please contact the Sea Pines CSA Maintenance Department at 843.671.7849 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.