Background on North Sea Pines Drive:
- The roadway, infrastructure, and leisure trails from Ocean Gate to the Lighthouse Road intersection are in need of redesign, repairs and reconstruction.
- Sea Pines Drive is the oldest roadway in all of Sea Pines. The useful life of this roadway has exceeded the initial design and construction.
- Numerous stormwater failures have occurred along this section of roadway and the adjacent streets due to the condition of the system. This is largely due to the deteriorating corrugated metal and orangeburg pipes throughout the system.
Pictured Below: Current Roadway Conditions Along Phase 2 section of N. Sea Pines Dr.
Phase 2 Project Details:
- Project Work Zone: North Sea Pines Drive from the Sea Pines Beach Club to the Ocean Gate in Sea Pines.
- Project Timeframe: Work will begin in September and should be completed by the end of 2021, weather permitting.
- Scope of Work: Stabilizing, realigning, and resurfacing the roadway and leisure trails. Additional site work includes curbing, installation, and replacement of both stamped and thermoplastic crosswalks, leisure trail widening and re-alignments, new signage and striping, tree removals, and irrigation/landscaping within the project area.
- Current Status: Installation of silt fencing and tree protection along segments of the project area is underway. Project materials are being delivered and stored at Lot 8 in preparation of the project start date.
How to stay updated:
- We look forward to keeping the community updated throughout this project through our community emails and our website at www.seapinesliving.com/seapinesdrive.
- For questions, please contact the Sea Pines CSA Maintenance Department by phone at 843.671.7849 or by email at email@example.com