As of July 12th, there are 333 nests on Hilton Head Island with an average of 120 eggs in each, or 39,960 total eggs. Remember these tips to support successful hatching and reaching the ocean:
- Fill holes and flatten sand castles before leaving the beach.
- Remove obstacles including beach equipment and trash.
- Only use red flashlights on the beach.
- Never disturb a sea turtle nest, a nesting sea turtle or a hatchling.
- If your building is visible from the beach, turn off your outside lights at 10 pm.
For more information please visit https://www.seaturtlepatrolhhi.org/